KING PIN with Emi Haze

Emi Haze Portrait Image

The “King pin/Queen pin” series highlights current rock stars of the creative industry! We pluck them out of our platform and put them in the hot seat.

caught up with Emi Haze and this is what happened!

Dezo: Hey there! So, who are you and why should we care?

Emi: I am an Italian freelance digital artist and illustrator. I began with painting and drawing when I attended art class in high school. Then I discovered digital art, and I connected this great passion of mine with technology, taking a degree in graphic and commercial art at the Design Institute Palladio in Verona. My school was fundamental for my education and learning the software necessary for the development of my work, but it is the constancy and above all, the passion that I have for this job that allowed me to achieve excellent results. Photoshop gave me the chance to combine drawing, painting and photography together to make my dreams and ideas come true. Nowadays, there are no limits to what we want to create. In my first works, I focused on graphic style based on construction and deconstruction of the human body using various tools and graphic effects that render it almost a sketch. In my recent works I tried to merge the human body with nature or rather with the four elements of fire, air, water and earth, and even with a fifth esoteric element: the Aristotelian ether, that includes all the others, the essence of celestial bodies, eternal and unchangeable in comparison with the earth as a place of change. Piles of tree branches, clouds forming hair, faces that melt with air and sky, human silhouettes that arise from expanses of earth and roots… this is my visionary world. I collaborated with the agency Goodby, Silverstein & Partners of San Francisco to be part of the Photoshop 25th Anniversary special advertising campaign commissioned by Adobe. They licensed two of my artworks and one of them “Cosmogony Reloaded” is on the Adobe Photoshop 25th anniversary “Dream On” Oscars Spot which was featured during the Academy Award Oscars 2015 ceremony and was also used in other media as part of an international bigger campaign. Today it has been watched over 2 million times on YouTube and recently has achieved three awards at Cannes Lions International Festival of 2015, a Graphite Pencil D&AD Award, two AICP Awards and a nomination for Outstanding Commercial at Emmy Awards 2015. Taking part in this big event is a huge honour, and representing my main working tool is a great personal satisfaction. It makes me proud to see my work on all promotional content Adobe is creating for this special 25th anniversary. My works have been published on international digital arts magazines and specialized websites all over the world and are on sale in many art galleries.

DezoNice. You’ve got our attention! What are you passionate about?

Emi: I love Impressionism for the use of color and Surrealism for the subjects. I could name many artists, painters and digital artists that have influenced me, at first in my painting and later in my digital art. Mentioning only few of them would be reductive, because all the art world is the fundamental source of inspiration in the creative process, and I’m referring not only to pictorial art but also to music, filmmaking, photography and fashion. In my opinion everything in every moment has an artistic side, the aesthetics of things, people around me… For me everything has its own importance, images, textures, sounds, fragrances, my creativity is constantly stimulated. Music is one of the key of my creative process. Listening to my favorite artists like Sigur Rós, Radiohead, Bjork, helps me to immerse myself in my creative world and to have a right inspiration mood to develop a new work.

DezoThat’s very interesting! Got any dream work/job that you would like to do, and where would it be?

Emi: My dream is to continue to do my job for big agencies and important clients.Cosmogony Reloaded DezoThat’s huge! Big plans going forward?

Emi: I have many ideas to be tested in the future. My style is in constant evolution. Digital art is nowadays becoming increasingly important, and it will exponentially grow in the future. The potentials offered by technology are endless and they can perfectly fuse with our manual skills. The only limit is our imagination.Passenger

DezoTake it easy! Best of luck, Emi! Great talking to you! Where can people find you?

Emi: They can visit my website: www.emihaze.com, Facebook, follow me on Behance, Twitter, or Instagram.

Zephirus

Like Diamonds In The Nature

Intimacy

Soul Symphony

160418_blog_banner-04

Dezo is Social Media Management for Creatives made simple.

Supercharge your creative brand by clicking here to register for free.

October 2016