KING PIN with Shangning Wang

Shangning Wang_Muse

The “King pin/Queen pin” series highlights current rock stars of the creative industry! We pluck them out of our platform and put them in the hot seat.

caught up with Shangning Wang and this is what happened!

Dezo: Hey there! So, who are you and why should we care?

Shangning: I am a graphic designer, an illustrator and a creative outlet, I focus on commercial art, typography, , branding, poster and exhibition design. In 2015, my poster works were exhibited in many cities around the world, including Dnepropetrovsk, La Paz, Seoul, Suzhou, Taipei, Sarasota, Bradenton, Phoenix, Trnava, Melbourne, and Lublin. I am pursuing a degree in Visual Communication Design at Arizona State University (ASU), mentored by Andy Weed, Lindsay Kinkade, Scott Curtis and Michelle Fehler. I have obtained my BFA degree from China Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA).

Chinos_Mockup-2

Chinos_Mockup-4

Chinos_Mockup-3

DezoNice. You’ve got our attention! What are you passionate about?

Shangning: For me, it is fascinating to move between disciplines. I enjoy cross-disciplinary learning and working. I would like to work and interact with artists, engineers, musicians, and poets so I can get the chance to analyze and interpret graphic design from different angles. I am aiming to push my designs far enough so that it can reveal flexibility and relevance to the subject.

DezoThat’s very interesting! Got any dream work/job that you would like to do, and where would it be?

Shangning: My dream is to win the ADC Young Guns.

Chinos_Mockup-5

DezoThat’s huge! Big plans going forward?

Shangning: I will finish my Master’s degree this May. Cool studios will be available soon!

DezoWe wish the best for your career, Shangning. It was a pleasure talking to you! Where can people find you?

Shangning: They can find me on Behance.

Chinos_Mockup-8

Chinos_Mockup-6

Chinos_Mockup-10

Chinos_Mockup-12

160418_blog_banner-04

Dezo is Social Media Management for Creatives made simple.

Supercharge your creative brand by clicking here to register for free.

August 2016